Future Food-Tech has announced an exclusive innovation challenge with The Kraft Heinz Company for start-ups, culminating at the flagship Future Food-Tech San Francisco summit on March 16-17.
THE DEADLINE HAS PASSED, AND THE CHALLENGE IS CLOSED FOR ENTRIES.
Kraft Heinz and Future Food-Tech have partnered to seek innovative solutions from start-ups to unleash the power of tomatoes, delivering on taste, sustainability, nutrition, convenience and/or affordability.
Food-tech start-ups are invited to enter before Friday January 20, 2023.
Solutions may include ingredients, processing, and packaging technologies, in addition to finished products. Kraft Heinz is most interested in companies that have proof of principle and prototypes.
Solutions can include, but are not limited to:
- Innovative sensory experiences (e.g., flavor, texture).
- Unlocking fresh tomato flavor and color.
- Delivering taste with reduced added salt and/or sugar.
- Increasing essential vitamins, minerals, protein and/or fiber.
- Ingredient simplification.
- Providing functional benefits.
- High quality new product formats (e.g., snacks, meals).
- Natural shelf-life extension.
- Upcycling side streams (e.g. tomato pomace, water, leaves).
- Regenerative agriculture.
- Sustainable materials.
- Breeding techniques to increase crop yields and resiliency.
- Improving production efficiency.