Future Food-Tech returns to San Francisco for its second year, bringing together the most significant food business leaders, investors and food-tech entrepreneurs to advance the transformation of the global food system through innovation, investment and collaboration.
Hosted by Rethink Events, the 2018 program explores the ever-changing landscape of plant-based and alternative proteins, ingredients, personalized nutrition, supply chain transparency and food waste reduction.
Over 40 food-tech experts have already confirmed to speak, including Neil Grimmer of Habit, Alison Grantham of Blue Apron, Josh Tetrick of JUST, Joseph Zhou of Bits x Bites, Mike Seldon of Finless Foods, Patrick Brown of Impossible Foods, Stephen Moody of US Army Natick Soldier RD&E Centre and Uma Valeti of Memphis Meats.
The program focuses on the hottest areas for food-tech investment in 2018:
- Digitization: The Expanding Role of Big Data, AI and Advanced Analytics in Food
- Building Better Microbiota: Foods That Target the Microbiome
- Personalization: Democratising and Delivering Personalized Nutrition
- Alternative Proteins: The Plant-Based Protein Revolution Continues
- The Application of Gene-Editing for Sustainable Nutritious Next Gen Ingredients
- Cellular Agriculture: The Future Opportunities of Molecular Built Food
- Food Waste: Creating a Circular Economy for Food
- Food + Health: Ingredient Reformulation to Enhanced Nutrition
A highlight of the event are the Technology Showcase sessions, where early-to-mid stage food-tech start-ups pitch their solutions to an audience of worldwide food businesses, technology integrators and investors.
Delegates will benefit from two days of intensive debates, insight, networking round tables and 1-1 meeting opportunities and a pre-summit Blockchain Workshop on March 21, 2018 at the event’s new downtown San Francisco location, the Hilton Union Square.
Future Food-Tech is supported by major partners including Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM), Cargill, DSM, Jenniewein Biotechnologie, Kerry, Ketchum, Label Insight, Qualitas Health and Rich’s.
To find out more information, please visit: https://futurefoodtechsf.com/